Your Postpartum can be a struggle, but it doesn't have to be.
Whether this is your first pregnancy or your fifth, your placenta can play a vital role in helping you recover more quickly.
While there is very little scientific research on the benefits of encapsulation, there is anecdotal evidence abundantly available.
Mothers who encapsulate their placenta report a more positive and healthier postpartum! Capsules have been reported to help naturally balance hormones, increase milk production, replenish lost iron, stabilize your mood and assist in preventing baby blues.
Safety is my priority.
My safe and reliable preparation protocol will ensure that your placenta receives my best handling and care during the encapsulation process.
- My dedicated workspace is used strictly for placenta preparation and encapsulation.
- My policy is to process one placenta at a time. You will always receive YOUR placenta.
- Complete sanitation of the workspace (before and after) and all supplies is in accordance with OSHA bloodborne pathogens standards.
- For your protection and mine, I wear personal protective equipment including an apron, face mask, gloves, and safety glasses at all times when handling your placenta.
- I have trained and certified through APPA to ensure the best product is safely and reliably returned to you. I have also completed the OSHA bloodborne pathogens training and hold an ANSI Illinois food handlers' certificate.
- I adhere to a Code of Ethics and standards you can trust.
Encapsulation for a positive postpartum.
Your encapsulation package investment is $225 and includes:
- Timely pickup of your placenta at your birth place.
- Safe transportation, handling and sanitation in line with OSHA's bloodborne pathogens standards.
- Preparation and processing in my dedicated workspace.
- Information and suggestions on using your capsules.
- Return of your capsules in a timely manner (typically within 48-72 hours).
- Ongoing communication to help answer any questions you may have about your capsules.
Go ahead! Get Started!
I take a limited number of clients each month to ensure consistent, quality processing and quick return of your placenta, so reserve your encapsulation services today!
- Fill out the contact form below!
- A confirmation email will be sent to you with a link to read and submit the contract.
- Electronically sign the contract and pay the $50 non-refundable retainer fee online (or pay in full).
- Pay the remaining $175 by 36 weeks. I will not process a placenta until payment is received in full.
- When you know you are in labor, send a quick text to alert me that you will be giving birth soon. Don't forget to bring two Ziploc gallon sized bags and disposable cooler to your birth place.
- Once your baby has been born, double bag your placenta in the Ziploc bags and place your placenta on plenty of ice in a disposable cooler (coolers are not returned) until I arrive to pick it up.
- Snuggle your baby and leave the safety and processing to me. Your capsules will arrive within 48-72 hours.
Pregnancy is a precious time and your postpartum can be too.
Placenta Encapsulation Inquiry
What are Shannon's clients saying about their encapsulation experience?
"I hired Shannon to encapsulate my placenta for my latest birth. I was skeptical about it at first but with her help and research, I did it. She was very accommodating and professional handling my placenta. I was glad how she helped and went out of her way to make sure that I could have the capsules as soon as I got home. I have noticed that I feel much better and have less tears than my previous pregnancies. I am so glad that I was able to use Shannon and her services. She goes above and beyond the call to make sure that you are taken care of. My previous pregnancy I used Shannon for my child birth education resource and she was amazing. She answered all the questions that we had. She was much more informative than my previous class. She was willing to make sure that you are comfortable with the choices you make for your birth. I highly recommend Shannon as a Doula, educator, and placenta encapsulation professional." - Sarah Y.
"Placenta encapsulation by Shannon for my forth birth was an excellent experience! Shannon is professional and service-oriented in all areas including her knowledge about the encapsulation process and its potential benefits, her dependability in picking up the placenta and delivering the pills in the time frame promised, her availability to answer questions or troubleshoot issues, and her friendly demeanor convincing you placenta encapsulation is not just her job, but her joy to serve moms in this way. I would highly recommend Shannon to anyone considering placenta encapsulation- you will not be disappointed as her interaction and work is top-notch!" - Angie D.
The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA due to the nature of this service. Shannon Bacus Birth Doula Services makes no medical treatment claims. Services provided are not clinical, pharmaceutical, or intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any condition. Families who choose to utilize these services take full responsibility for their own health and product usage.